October 22, 2013

Fire salamander

Fire salamander

This is my new rendering of a sculpted Fire salamander I did a while ago in ZBrush. The sculpting process was easy, I started the base mesh with a ZSphere setup and transformed it into a Dynamesh to sculpt out the basic shapes. As soon as the mesh looked acceptable I used the ZRemesher to get a cleaner topology and posed the animal with a ZSphere rig.

The final scene setup was done in Cinema 4D and VRay. I also used the great free plugin Ivy Grower with custom leaf shapes to generate a vegetation. You can take a look at some screenshots of the creation process.


July 30, 2013

Handgun

Handgun

This is a weapon I modeled to learn ZBrush. It is my first work piece I did in the application. I have only been able to discover a small part of this great software but I'm already stunned by the possibilities. Because of the excellent development of ZBrush in the last years, I knew it is a great way to model hard-surface objects in a more natural way. I used Shadowbox to block out the basic parts of the gun and created a Dynamesh out of the blocks. With the ZBrush masking tools and the ClipCurve Brush it was possible to create the shapes of the gun in a relatively short time. In the end of the modeling process I used the brand-new ZRemesher tool, to improve topology and reduce the amount of polygons.

The scene was finally lightened and rendered in VRay.


March 1, 2013

Shotgun

Shotgun

I tried to model a weapon years ago but failed because of the high amount of details. After learning more about polygon topology and modeling workflows I'm now able to create models with a higher detail level. Everything regarding modeling is done in Cinema 4D, while the final image is rendered in VRay. You can also take a look at a clay rendering to view the gun from the other side.


October 21, 2012

Watch Movement

Watch Movement

I'm glad to have finished my new project, because I have been working a really long time on this one. I wanted to rebuild a watch movement with the most possible detail work for a long time and have already started months ago. However, there were always longer breaks. I spent most of the time modeling the clockwork in Cinema 4D. It took some time because I didn't have any blueprints or templates and have to build the whole movement from photos. Finally the finished model was textured and lightened in VRay. The polygon topology is visible on this Wireframe Image.


July 9, 2012

Lanterns

Lanterns

My just finished private project shows a 3D model of a petrol lantern I did in Cinema 4D. After finishing the model I was inspired by a photo I saw on the internet the other day and started to create a more complex scene than just a studio render. I modelled the wire fence and the chains to have something in fore- and background. I created a base material for the lantern varnish in VRay and used the Blend Material to add rust and scratches for a more battered and used look. Finally I lightened the scene with three VRay Area Lights and a HDRI image just for the background.